ULX is the most established lua-based administration mod released for Garry's Mod. This article will guide you in installing ULX admin for your Garry's Mod server.
- First, download a copy of the add-on here: http://ulyssesmod.net/downloads.php
- Make sure to download ULib 2.63 (.zip) and ULX 3.73 (.zip) (Requires ULib v2.63+) (Or the latest release if there is another).
- Extract the zip files, making sure to extract both .zip files to a folder.
- Connect to your game server via FTP. You can find out how to do this through this guide.
- Once connected via FTP, go to /garrysmod/addons/
- Drag and drop both ulx and ulib folders into the addons folder.
- Login to your Garry's Mod GamePanel.
- Open the Web Console.
- To give yourself superadmin, use any of the following command below to promote yourself as superadmin.
ulx adduser <yournamehere> superadmin
ulx adduserid <your steamid> superadmin
For more details about this addon, you can visit the developer's website here at www.ulyssesmod.net.