All Minecraft servers include a free, easy but limited way to back up your world files. The "Backup World Files" tool has the following limitations:
- No more than 5 backups at a time. If a 6th one is added, the 1st will be deleted.
- Backups cannot exceed a cumulative total of 1GB in size.
- Wombat Servers does not take responsibility for the accuracy or integrity of backups made using this tool.
Backing up your world
- Navigate to the Game Panel, and click on your Minecraft Server.
- Click on the backup icon as shown here:
- Confirm you agree with the information shown, and then tick the box and click on the "Execute" button.
- Your server will shut down momentarily as the world files are backed up.
- The backup files will then be then compressed and stored in a folder called "backup" in your Minecraft server files.
For automated backups, monthly automated backups are offered for a small price. Contact our support team by submitting a ticket for more details on this offer.