Wombat Servers now supports two factor authentication for GamePanel accounts.
Two factor authentication reduces the risk of an unauthorised user gaining access to your GamePanel account; when logging in, you will be required to enter both your password and a time-limited pass code that is sent to your mobile device.
To setup two factor authentication, login to the GamePanel as normal and click on the "Account Security" icon.
- Click on the "Two Factor Authentication" tab.
- Select "Enable two-step verification".
- Optionally, select whether you would like FTP connections to be protected by 2FA. Note carefully the correct syntax for FTP token passwords.
- On your mobile device, download the "Google Authenticator" app.
- Open the app and add a new manual entry.
NOTE: scanning the QR code shown will not work on all devices.
- Under the Account field in Google Authenticator, enter your GamePanel username. In the Key field, enter the Verification Key shown in the GamePanel.
- Save the entry and wait for a new code to be generated in the Authenticator app. Enter the code into the Generated Token field of the GamePanel and save the form.
- You will now be automatically logged out of your account in order to test the integration. When prompted, enter your usual GamePanel password.
- On the second login page, enter the current token shown in your mobile app. Note that this token changes at regular intervals- it is sometimes best to wait for a new token to be generated if the existing one is close to expiring.
If you are locked out of your account at any point, please contact our support team.